Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Something my mom taught me.


Anger and happiness.
Something my mom has taught me that I'll never forget about is anger and happiness. You shouldn't get angry at all, but it happens nevertheless. She taught me learning to control yourself will help fight the angriness. Then and only then, can you substitute happiness.
Here are the main things about anger and happiness my mom has taught me, summed up in my own words and numbered (because she also taught me to express myself, but in an orderly manner).
1. Being angry all the time can turn you into a ridiculous person. Into a person who wastes all their time being angry and forgets how to be happy. And maybe doesn't even want to be happy anymore.
2. Being angry is time consuming. Life consuming in fact, so being angry all the time will, you know, consume your life! And that's obviously not a good thing.
3. Being angry takes a lot of effort. It's actually not that easy. First you have to get angry, then you have to make yourself stay angry, then you have you have to constantly remind yourself why you are angry in the first place! Being angry all the live long day can be tiring. And after all that effort you get nothing. Very illogical.
4. Dragging something out solely for the sake of wanting the right to be angry about it is just sad. Bury the chestnut for once and all.
5. Anger is limited. It can only go so far before it must ask you wether or not it can go any further.
6. You are the one who decides to give anger the key to your heart. No one else can. So don't blame other people for making you angry.
7. Don't forget to be happy. Forgetting to be happy is worse than being angry. Maybe you can float around between the two all of your life, but then what will you have lived for?
8. Learn to be happy. As hard as it is to be angry, being happy is even harder. But every time you pass a lesson in happiness it gets easier. So stay in happy school.
9. You can't be happy by yourself. You need to associate with people who are also in happy school.
10. Don't do anything that will make you angry in the end. Like being negative, engaging in an argument, instigating. Stop causing problems for yourself.
11. You can't have real happiness without Jesus. Not even a bit. He is the teacher in the school of happiness.

And that's what I've learned from my mom so far about anger and happiness. Some of these things I remember her telling me, but others I don't remember. I wonder if she was trying to teach me those on purpose or I just learned them from watching her. Either way they are in my head forever. And I'm grateful for that. Thanks mom!

PS. this is another reason I am glad to be homeschooled by my mom. I might've not learned all that if she were at work and I were at school all day.

Cheerio,
Angelina

6 comments:

  1. I think sometimes anger can be a righteous anger, like being angry about all the horrible things that happen in the world.... and then turning that anger into something that motivates you into making a change. :)

    I totally agree that we should exercise control... that is something I want to do more, but it's hard to let go sometimes! But I just need to chill out... pray... and put what's bothering me in God's hands.

    By the way, are you Angelina from In Real Life? I just wanted to make sure.... :) Thanks for following my blog, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's a good point!


    I'm not familiar with In Real Life, so I'd have to say no. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Real Life is a blog by one of my favorite Christian authors, Nancy Rue. You can check it out here: http://tweenyouandme.typepad.com/in_real_life_/

      When we comment, we attach our blog URL to our name. There is another girl named Angelina who is part of that community, so I assumed she had clicked on my name and this was her blog! Oops. My bad. Well, I'm glad this led to you! Maybe you can check out IRL too.

      Also, I think you're blog name is cool! I might have to look up that Tennyson poem.... :)

      Delete
  3. Oh ok, I understand. Neat, I'll check it out!

    Thank you! Yes look it up! Have you ever seen the Kevin Sullivan version of Anne of Green Gables? At the beginning, Anne is reciting a line from the poem. That's where I first heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen the AoGG movies, but I have read the books and REALLY enjoyed them. I did read the poem, and found out that it was featured in The Band Perry's If I Die Young music video. That song and the Tennyson poem are quite similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The AoGG books are very good! Yeah, If I Die Young is based on the poem.

    ReplyDelete